Friday, August 20, 2010

SUMMER FUN

After updating the blog, I went back and read a bunch of my posts. After such a hectic summer of 2009, I thought I would have had a lot more relaxing time this year. Looking back I realized between having to prepare the yard for the graduation party, build my compost bin, resupport my garage, build the gym & prepare and recover from my birthday party, once again, I had no time for the beach! I made it to The Patio Bar twice, the PPB boardwalk once, Bay Head Beach once, 1 night of tennis & quite a few bike rides. I'll have to blame this summers lack of fun on the heat. Most weekend days it was just too darn hot to do anything outside. I did get to Monmouth Park one glorious Saturday but that was it for the daytrips. Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights were for basketball & Sunday afternoon naps before the Cicalese BBQs completed my weekends. I'm now determined to change my ways, Kathleen & I went up for a swim to Bay Head Beach after work last nite and we have my sisters BBQ to look forward to Saturday afternoon. As the weather cools, I vow to play more tennis with Kath and maybe some doubles competitions with my bro Michael and his lovely wife Amy. Nothing beats a late summer/early fall bike ride and as the school year starts I look forward to following my son Kevin play on the freshman football team. The best part of all of this is with the exception of basketball, all of the things I look forward to doing will be with my best friend & partner for life, Love You Kathleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment